About Me

My photo
Hidalgo, Texas, United States
24/7/365 Educator! I really love what I do and love to implement technology as much as I can, to meet the needs of my digital native students. I consider myself a teekducator (technology geek+educator) and like to take advantage of Web2.0. I'm an Instructional Media Masters Graduate from Wilkes University and am currently finalizing my Principalship from Lamar University! I'm a 5th Grade teacher @ Valley View 5th Grade Campus, this is my fifth year teaching! =)

Sunday, April 10, 2011

(u04a1) Integrating Social Networking

Project: Reading Skill: Sequence.  Sequence is an important reading skill that my students usually have trouble in because they don't see it when they are reading,  through this re-teaching lesson I plan to reinforce their sequence mastery and make it easier to understand after hands on experience.  I've created a Sequence Prezi (embedded below) for my students to view and follow to achieve content mastery and test what they have learned. 


Project: Reading Skill: Sequence Lesson Plan
This Prezi presentation is intended to introduce and foster sequence of events in a variety of ways.  This lesson is designed to re-teach, reinforce, and strengthen their knowledge of Sequence at individual computer stations. 

Texas State Standards (TEKS)/Student Learning Objectives:
  • 3.8.A.1-Sequence the plot's main events. (Obj. 2)
  • 3.8.A.2-Summarize the plot's main events. (Obj. 2)
  • 3.10.A.1-Identify language that creates a graphical visual experience. (Obj. 3)
  • 3.3.A.1-Locate specific information in graphic features of a text. (Obj. 1-3)
Goals:
TLW:
  • Examine sequence and its clue words through various projects. 
  • Produce examples of sequence throughout the lesson while constructing graphic sources, and
  • As a final test and teacher evaluation, students will reply on Edmodo under the Test Your Skill: Sequence Assignment, replying on a personal order of events in which they do daily, with  step by step instructions. 
Instructions/Directions:
The instructions and directions are clear on the Prezi presentation and Edmodo for students to follow  and complete with ease.  Below are the directions in which the students must follow to complete the assignment:
  1. The student will view Sequence and take notes on information regarding sequence in their Reading Spiral.
  2. The student will complete the activities that are embedded into Sequence and turn in at the end of the assignment.
  3. The student will be assessed by posting a reply on Edmodo about a personal order of events in which they use daily. 
    1. Edmodo Log in Information which I have also placed in their Prezi is:
      1. Group Name: Perez
      2. Access Code: zkmmck







No comments:

Post a Comment