About Me

My photo
Hidalgo, Texas, United States
24/7/365 Educator! I really love what I do and love to implement technology as much as I can, to meet the needs of my digital native students. I consider myself a teekducator (technology geek+educator) and like to take advantage of Web2.0. I'm an Instructional Media Masters Graduate from Wilkes University and am currently finalizing my Principalship from Lamar University! I'm a 5th Grade teacher @ Valley View 5th Grade Campus, this is my fifth year teaching! =)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

(u03a1) Research & Analyze: Human Filters

Human filters is known as what we use to strain, sort, and categorize what goes through our senses and how we perceive things.  Even though all our senses are of great importance and we use them differently depending on our situations, the three that are pertinent to me are hear, see, and touch.  Over the years I've noticed that when it is time for me to learn and attain content mastery I have to implement these three senses in order to fully understand.  The sense of hear and see most of the time work hand and hand together as I learn and aquire new information, yet there are sometimes in which they are used individually, to see I create a picture in my mind of what I hear, and for hearing I create sounds, music, or words in my mind of what I see.  Touch is a very important sense to me, because I'm a very hands-on leaner.  I have to touch and actually create or build what I learn to fully accomplish and understand aquired information.  A lot of information is hard to touch, especially in reading, but what I do to touch, is create and build projects that incorporate the content.  Furthermore, I have learned that when there is no presentation of hear, see, or touch, through the years I have learned to create my own presentation in my mind or as a project to better understand the new information.  I always find a way to have my favorite 3! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment