About Me

My photo
Hidalgo, Texas, United States
24/7/365 Educator! I really love what I do and love to implement technology as much as I can, to meet the needs of my digital native students. I consider myself a teekducator (technology geek+educator) and like to take advantage of Web2.0. I'm an Instructional Media Masters Graduate from Wilkes University and am currently finalizing my Principalship from Lamar University! I'm a 5th Grade teacher @ Valley View 5th Grade Campus, this is my fifth year teaching! =)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blooming the Respectful & Ethical Minds

After reading the article it is to no doubt that we as educators can collaborate technology with global projects and help what I would say as modifying curricula.  When we talk about changing curricula, almost everyone trembles, I say if it's been working for you, implement it just modify it and tweak it up with technology and in this case collaborating global projects.  I was overwhelmed to learn about so many things that I can use in my class to implement global projects.  The respectful and ethical mind I believe go hand and hand, and play an important role for our students future success.  As Reed mentioned, "Today’s students face a future where boundaries are abstract and global learning is critical.  Tomorrow’s citizens must be global communicators, must be able to participate successfully in project-based activities, and must have collaborative skills." As I read, all I did was nod my head in agreement, there couldn't be a better statement to say it all!  So, the question is what is my design for developing my students' respectful and ethical minds?  I sit and think there's no better way than to use Glogster, it has all I need.  To blossom the respectful mind, first students need to respect themselves before they can start to respect others.  


Glogster is an outstanding way to emphasize global learning through projects in a respectful and ethical mind development.  I plan to connect with a class from the 5th grade campus in our district, so that students can collaborate amongst each other from different grade levels about their campus and what they study.  Because students spend most of their time on campus, it is easier for them to reflect towards it.  The students on both ends will talk about their routines and what goes on at their campus. 


Respectful Mind:  TLW respect each other by accepting what goes on in each others daily routine and value what they have.  Because in the future 3rd graders will become 5th graders, and 5th graders used to be in 3rd grade, the act of positive collaboration can develop their respectful mind by accepting each others age group and differences, and instead of having an age division of two groups they can become one.  


Ethical Mind:  TLW construct glogs on specific topics and lessons and post to show to one another.  This will develop and construct the notion of good work amongst the community, which in this instance is Glogster.  If students express his/her knowledge to each other they are not only performing good work as individuals, but they are reflecting it amongst each others where they can learn from each other any make their individual work even greater. 
I think that this may seem to be a lot of work, but once students are guided by their teachers, they can then flourish on their own and with their help as individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment