About Me

My photo
Hidalgo, Texas, United States
24/7/365 Educator! I really love what I do and love to implement technology as much as I can, to meet the needs of my digital native students. I consider myself a teekducator (technology geek+educator) and like to take advantage of Web2.0. I'm an Instructional Media Masters Graduate from Wilkes University and am currently finalizing my Principalship from Lamar University! I'm a 5th Grade teacher @ Valley View 5th Grade Campus, this is my fifth year teaching! =)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

5 Minds For The Futute

Blog:  More lessons taught with technology

After reading this blog, I sat back and wondered... wait a minute that's exactly what I'm doing and what I need to do.  I try to use as much technology as I can in my instruction and I would say that yearly the amount of technology I use in my classroom increases, and I keep on learning and implementing new resources (many thanks to what I've learned at Wilkes).  My school district also implements the PowerSchool for parent and teacher access, and just this week we have a new web page through collaboration with sharpschool.net, it has new tools and resources and has a section where educators throughout the district can collaborate with each other through online discussion boards, which is very interesting to see what it will do for us!  The one thing that I really enjoyed reading on was a teacher class web page.  Currently I don't have a class web page, but I would greatly enjoy creating one for my students and their parents, although I'm not very familiar on that subject, but I plan to learn and create one for this year.  After seeing the reaction of my students while using Glogster I found that they really enjoy collaborating amongst each other and unraveling their creative mind.  I think if I want my students to succeed developing their five minds, I must first strengthen my five minds and use it to foster my students. 


References

Bonnie Washuk, S. W. (2010, September 28).  More Lessons Taught with Technology.  Retrieved October 12, 2010, from Sun Journal: http://www.sunjournal.com/city/story/916594

No comments:

Post a Comment